Updated: Oct 28, 2020
Barber's Foods, a Denver specialty food distributor, is now selling local Colorado grown and processed dry beans.
To promote consumer consumption of Colorado beans they are starting a bean recipe competition for Barber's Foods chefs and culinary students at Metropolitan University in Denver. The contest is sponsored by the Colorado Dry Bean Committee.
A total of $1,800 will be awarded: $100 to the first six chefs or students who submit a pinto or Mayocoba bean recipe to Barber's Foods. It must be a dish that is, or can be, sold at a restaurant this fall.
In addition the following prizes will be awarded:
- $300 to the first place pinto bean recipe
- $200 to the second place pinto recipe
- $100 to the third place pinto recipe
- $300 to the first place Mayocoba (yellow) bean recipe
- $200 to the second place Mayocoba recipe
- $100 to the third place Mayocoba recipe
Visit www.barbersfoods.com/pages/bean-recipe-contest for details about how to enter the contest.